ChinaTravelGuide.com is a free website featuring unbiased China travel reviews, opinions, and wiki guides from real travelers. It covers reviews and guides of hotels, restaurants, and attractions in China, as well as China-related travel news, deals, tips, etc. We are not a travel agency or a tour operator. We are not trying to sell you anything. We are truly unbiased, and are here to help fellow travelers search for China-related travel information. The site is traveler-powered and the contents on this website are contributed collaboratively by real travelers like you and me. Our goal is to become the ultimate community of travelers seeking and sharing unbiased China travel reviews and guides. Please contribute to help this site grow.
Travel Wiki & Reviews
ChinaTravelGuide.com is an integration of travel wiki, user reviews and other features. As a wiki, our users can write articles which can be modified, criticized, or improved by others just like other regular wiki sites. As a review site, our users can enter reviews and opionions for other travelers to read and enjoy. Our users can also vote the travel news, deals, and destinations. Those with top votes are published on the main page. This makes it very easy for any travelers to share their knowledge, experience and insight of all travel related subjects and add to the collected information available. Below is a list of features:
- Travel Wiki
- Reviews & Opinions
- Submit News & Deals
- Vote News, Deals & Destinations
- Upload Photos, Video Clips, etc.
- More to Come
The project was started in July 2006, and officially released on Oct. 8, 2007. It is owned and operated by Panway Systems, Inc. It was inspired by Wikipedia a free, open-source encyclopedia, and by the interest of many travelers who can provide timely and useful travel reviews and guides.
Each article (including text, and multimedia content) on ChinaTravelGuide.com is individually licensed. The default license is Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 unless otherwise specified in each article (GFDL, other versions of CC, and other flavors of the copyleft licenses, etc.). If an article was originally published by a license other than CC-BY-SA 3.0, a corresponding license template must be attached, and the original license term must be followed (much like the way image files are licenced in Wikipedia). Contributions remain the property of their creators, while the copyleft licensing ensures that the content will always remain freely distributable and reproducible. Allowing free republication of our content helps achieve ChinaTravelGuide.com's mission by offering unbiased travel reviews and guides for free. In addition, derivative works are subject to the terms of the same license. This ensures that the ChinaTravelGuide.com project will always be free and community controlled.
More about ChinaTravelGuide
- Recent changes, see articles that are being worked on right now.
- All pages listed by title.
- Random article
- New articles
- Article categories
Contributing to ChinaTravelGuide
- How to edit, a starting point for new contributors.
- Policies and guidelines for contributors, all of ChinaTravelGuide's policies and procedures.
- Help pages, help on editing articles and more.
- Answers, a discussion forum to ask questions about ChinaTravelGuide not answered in the FAQs or help pages.
- Bug Report, a place to report the bugs.
- Feature Request, a place to request new features.
- Contact information for questions, copyright issues, and bug reports.
About Wiki in general
For many people, the idea of a wiki might be a frightening and incredible concept. Take a few minutes to read some (or all!) of the links below, and get a better perspective on how a wiki is managed.
- About Wikipedia
- Why Wikipedia is so great
- Why Wikipedia is not so great
- Replies to common objections], a collection of counter arguments for common objections to the Wikipedia and wiki concept.
- WhyWikiWorks, a discussion about the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb
- WhyWikiWorksNot, a discussion about the problems with the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb