Kanasi Nature Reserve
From ChinaTravelGuideNorthwest China (西北) » Xinjiang (新疆) » Urumqi (乌鲁木齐) » Nature Reserve (阿勒泰地区喀纳斯景区)
Nature Reserve (阿勒泰地区喀纳斯景区)
|Address:||NO 3, Southwest Road, Buerjin County, Altay City, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region., Urumqi, Xinjiang|
|Price Range:||￥100, Folk Style Park charge ￥10 additionally. Ma’s skill(including accommodation) horse ￥200 per day; yacht meeting fee: ￥200 per person, guide(including accommodation) ￥ 200 per day, tent lodging ￥50 per day, the small log cabin: ￥200 per room. ~ 150RMB|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday:9：00-14：00、16：00-19：00；Saturday, Sunday: 10：00-15：00|
|Short Description:||Moon Bay is the most famous scenic spot in Kanasi. It draws a graceful camber line, like crescent moon falling into this verdant valley, making visitors intoxicated by it.|
|Be the first to write a review for this attraction.|
|>> write a review|
|Kanasi Nature Reserve|
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
Kanasi Nature Preserve is part of the larger Kanasi Lake Scenic Area, which has been awarded the title of the "Pure Land of the World" due to its unspoiled original natural scenery. The area is located in the middle section of Altay Mountain, in the Northern Xinjiang Uigur Autonomous Region, close to Russia, Mongolia and Kazakhstan.
The scenic area includes several scenic spots and cultural scenic sites: Kanasi Nature Preserve, Kanasi National Geologic Park, Baibaha National Forest Park, Jiadengyu National Forest Park, Buerjin River Valley, Hemu River Valley, Hemu Grassland, Hemu Village, Baibaha Village and Kanasi Village.
The Kanasi Nature Reserve occupies an area of 2,200 square kilometers and features many types of natural habitats, including glaciers, forests, grassland, lakes and rivers. Since 2001, the Nature Reserve has been designated an "AAAAA Scenic Area", "National Forest Park", and a "National Geopark.". Kanasi Lake was honored the "Most Beautiful Lake in the World".
 How to get there
Direction: Kanasi Lake is 140 kilometers from Buerjin County, and 246 kilometers from Altay City. There is a new road (built in 2001) from Buerjin County to Kanasi (the trip takes 3 hours). The tour bus can not reach Kanasi directly. The closest point it can reach is Jarden valley, which is about 10 km from Kanasi. You can take plane to Altay from Urumqi or take sleeper bus from Urumqi to Buerjin County (bus ticket costs RMB 80-100 and takes eleven hours).
- 1. The summer of Altay is cool, but the temperature difference between day and night is rather great, and changes rapidly, the average temperature difference is about 8 ℃, even 10 ℃ in the mountain area, so you need to prepare warmer coats and common medicines.
- 2. Altay is mountainous and its scenic spots are mostly scenic scenery, so take a pair of sneakers and medicine for car sickness.
- 3. The height of scenic spots in Altay is not high, its average elevation is about 1,000 meters. The climate is dry and the ultraviolet rays is strong, so take some smoothing and sunscreen articles.
- 4. Altay is area of minority, who believes in Islam and avoid eating park, meat of asses and the blood of all animals; Do not refer to “pig”. Do not splash water after you wash your hands, but dry it by towel.
- 5、All the information is for reference only; If there was any change, please follow the information of the scenic spot.
- Complaint Call of Scenic Spot：0906-6326004，6526297
- Complaint Call of Altay City：0906-2122363
- Complaint Call of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region：0991-8831902
- Complaint Call of State Tourism Office：010-65275315
 Best Travel Time
Buerjin County falls within northern temperate zone, and has the cold continental climate. It's typically drought in spring, then weather quickly warms up in late spring. Summer is hot and short with few rainfall, strong evaporation and abundant sunshine. The temperature varies greatly between day and night in summer. The best traveling seasons are summer and autumn.